by Dan Hoy on Sep.27, 2012
It’s been awhile since I posted on Montevidayo. Since then I’ve left Brooklyn for the mountains and fires of Colorado. Most of my critical and poetic faculties are applied these days to the materials of sustainability (water, fire, sorcery) and inter-species communication (pets, wildlife, aliens). The Earth rules. The Universe blows my mind.
Not that I have forgotten our old nemesis: the World that ruins everything.
Here, for example, are the latest (last?) words of Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who plays the role of a kind of sound-biting court jester within the media apparatus:
[from his address to the U.N. General Assembly earlier today:]
I have talked in the past seven years about the current challenges, solutions and prospects of the future world. Today I want to raise and discuss such issues from a different perspective.
Thousands of years has passed since children of Adam (peace be upon Him) started to settle down in various parts of Earth.
Peoples of different colors, tastes, languages, customs and traditions pursued persistently to fulfill their aspirations to build a noble society for a more beautiful life blessed with lasting peace, security and happiness.
Despite all efforts made by righteous people and justice seekers, and the sufferings and pains endured by masses of people in the quest to achieve happiness and victory, the history of mankind, except in rare cases, is marked with unfulfilled dreams and failures.
Imagine for a moment:
– Had there been no egoism, distrust, malicious behaviors, and dictatorships with no one violating the rights of others;
– Had humanitarian values been viewed as the criterion for social dignity in place of affluence and consumerism;
– Had humanity not experienced the dark age of medieval periods, and centers of power not hindered the flourishing of knowledge and constructive thoughts;
– Had the wars of Crusade and the ensuing periods of slavery and colonialism not happened, and had the inheritors of these dark periods followed a course on the premises of humanitarians principles;
– Had the first and second World Wars in Europe, the wars in Korea, Vietnam, Africa, Latin America, and in the Balkans not happened, and if instead of the occupation of Palestine and imposition of a fake government, displacement and genocide of millions of people around the globe, the truth behind these wars had been revealed based on justice;
– Had Saddam Hussein not invaded Iran, and had the big powers supported the rights of Iranian people instead of siding with Saddam;
– If the tragic incident of September 11, and the military actions against Afghanistan and Iraq that left millions killed and homeless had not happened, and if, instead of killing and throwing the culprit into the sea without trial or without informing the world and people of America, an independent fact-finding team had been formed to make the general public aware of the truth behind the incident, and prepare for bringing to justice the perpetrators;
– Had extremism or terrorism not been used to secure political goals;
– Had the arms been turned into pens, and military expenditures been used to promote well-being and amity among nations;
– Had the drum of ethnic, religious or racial conflicts not been beaten, and if differences had not been used for the purpose of advancing political agendas;
– Had the right to criticize the hegemonic policies and actions of the world Zionism been recognized to allow the world media to freely report and shed light on the realities, instead of taking deceitful gestures of backing freedom bent on offending the sanctities and most sacred beliefs of human beings and divine messengers, who as the purest and most compassionate human beings are the gift of the Almighty to humanity;
– Had the Security Council not been under the domination of a limited number of governments, thus disabling the United Nations to carry out its responsibilities on a just and equitable basis;
– If the international economic institutions had not been under pressure and were allowed to perform their duties and functions by using their expertise based on fairness and justice;
– Had the world capitalists not weakened or victimized the economies of nations in order to make up for their own mistakes;
– If integrity and honesty had prevailed on the international relations, and all nations and governments were treated equally and justly in the global efforts to build and expand happiness for the entire mankind;
– And if tens of other unfavorable situations had not occurred in human life;
– Imagine how beautiful and pleasant our lives and how lovely the history of mankind would have been;
– Let us take a look at the world situation today.
Lest we attribute these maladies of History to “human nature” or some kind of teleological inevitability, Ahmadinejad continues:
– Masses of people never want to expand their territories, nor do they seek to obtain legendary wealth. They have no disputes among themselves in principles and have never played any role in the creation of any disastrous events in the course of history.
– I do not believe that Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, and others have any problems, or are hostile against each other. They get along together comfortably and live together in an atmosphere of peace and amity. They are all devoted to the cause of justice, purity and love.
– The general tendency of nations has always been to accomplish positive common aspirations reflecting exalted divine and human beauties and nobilities.
– The current abysmal situation of the world and the bitter incidents of history are due mainly to the wrong management of the world and the self-proclaimed centers of power who have entrusted themselves to the Devil.
– The order that is rooted in the anti-human thoughts of slavery and the old and new colonialism are responsible for poverty, corruption, ignorance, oppression and discrimination in every corner of the world.
The current world order has certain characteristics, some of which are as follows:
– It is founded on materialism, and that is why it is in no way bound to moral values.
– It has been shaped according to selfishness, deception, hatred and animosity.
– It believes in classification of human beings, humiliation of other nations, trampling upon the rights of others and their domination.
– It seeks to expand its domination by spreading discord and conflicts amongst ethnic groups and nations.
It aims to monopolize power, wealth, science and technology.
Policies of the world’s main centers of power are based on the principles of domination and the conquering of others. These centers only seek supremacy, and are not in favor of peace and definitely not at the service of their nations.
– Are we to believe that those who spend hundreds of millions of dollars on election campaigns have the interests of the people of the world at their hearts?
– Despite what big political parties claim in the capitalistic countries, the money that goes into election campaigns is usually nothing but an investment.
– In such countries, people have to vote for parties that only represent a small number of people.
– The will and the views of the masses have the least impact and influence on the big decisions especially those made about the major domestic and foreign policies. Their voices are not heard even if they constitute 99% of their societies.
– Human and ethical values are sacrificed in order to win votes and the willingness to listen to the demands of the people has become only a tool at the time of election.
The current world order is discriminatory and based on injustice.
In closing, following this astute diagnosis, he calls for various international bureaucratic solutions and what amounts to a World Spring in anticipation of the coming of the perfect human, Imam Al-Mahdi, in the company of Jesus Christ and the righteous. I can only hope that I speak as eloquently and plainly on the eve of my destruction. No doubt it’s difficult to even formulate words amid the tumult of laughter and thunder from above.
The situation, as always, is about blood and its abstraction into power. We are dealing not with bankers or politicians or terrorists, but with sorcerers and the gods they serve. In the simplest terms: Identity, in this world, is defined by the struggle of the human spirit against the human beings who enslave it. This is your identity. This is the role you were born to play.
And yet to all appearances, the World, as a chapter in the Earth narrative, is coming to a close. In the context of chronological time, this may take years, it may happen this December, it may be happening even as we speak.
In the context of eternity, I’m genuinely looking forward to whatever form of life comes next.
In the interim, let us rejoice in our own apotheosis:
This is a book
of the dark arts
the universe is
You can be
or a jailor
or the prison
that holds them both.